Pupil Deprivation Grant
Cae'r Felin School
The Pupil Deprivation Grant (PDG) is allocated to schools with pupils who come from low-income families and are currently known to be eligible for free school meals (e-FSM) and pupils who have been looked after continuously for more than six months (LAC).
Schools are expected to make the best use of this funding to implement sustainable strategies that will quickly bring about changes for learners eligible for free school meals or who are LAC.
As a school we have agreed the following three steps:
- to identify the target group of pupils, its characteristics and needs
- to plan interventions which make the most effective use of resources
- to monitor and evaluate the impact of resources
In 2019-20 Cae’r Felin C.P. Schoolwas provided with a PDG allocation of £17,550.
At Cae’r Felin C.P. School we have a comprehensive plan, agreed and monitored by Carmarthenshire Local Authority and ERW, to promote progress and remove barriers to learning for students eligible for this funding. We have used the funding available to:
- provide intervention and varied support programmes that are proven to have the greatest impact and to be sustainable
- provide a high standard of early invention to improve the concentration and language skills of pupils in the Foundation Phase
- provide specific training for school staff to implement programmes successfully
- work in partnership with other schools, the community and other organisations
- implement and use data tracking systems to identify learners’ needs, target intervention and monitor impact.